rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done!
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2017-12-19 14:11:43

T-West
AoC Clan Operator Stsn

Round 3 - RFR vs stsn

Would you be able to schedule for either Thursday or Friday after 14 GMT?

#2 2017-12-19 20:39:31

RFR_DarklyWise
AoC Clan Operator RFR

Re: Round 3 - RFR vs stsn

We can play on thursday 17 GMT - 22 GMT

#3 2017-12-20 01:56:06

T-West
AoC Clan Operator Stsn

Waiting to hear back from one more team member, but we should be able to play Thursday at 18 GMT. Will confirm as soon as I hear back.

#4 2017-12-20 23:33:57

T-West
AoC Clan Operator Stsn

If your team is okay with playing a 2v2, then I can confirm for Thursday at 18 GMT. Many of our players are travelling this week for the holidays, and I'm not sure if we'll be able to get 3 of us together at the same time.

#5 2017-12-21 00:01:18

Black Adder
League Administrator

Just to make sure you're aware, Round 3 spans the whole two Holiday weeks if that helps you.

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#6 2017-12-21 15:46:38

RFR_DarklyWise
AoC Clan Operator RFR

I'll show up at 18 GMT and let's see how it looks (don't know what my team wants). We could reschedule also.

Last edited by RFR_DarklyWise (2017-12-21 15:47:20)

#7 2017-12-21 18:15:35

T-West
AoC Clan Operator Stsn

We've agreed to reschedule for next week. We're aiming for 18 GMT on a day towards the end of next week, Wednesday or later.

#8 2017-12-27 18:53:40

RFR_DarklyWise
AoC Clan Operator RFR

I'm back and ready to schedule. Quite flexible for the rest of the week!

#9 2017-12-28 13:40:33

T-West
AoC Clan Operator Stsn

How about Friday at 18 GMT?

#10 2017-12-28 16:31:38

RFR_DarklyWise
AoC Clan Operator RFR

Confirmed

#11 2017-12-28 21:06:44

T-West
AoC Clan Operator Stsn

Confirmed

#12 2017-12-29 18:23:52

RFR_DarklyWise
AoC Clan Operator RFR

We had 4 players. STSN had 2 and couldn't find a third. They asked for 2v2. We said no, and they left saying  AW.

I guess we could still reschedule but would really need STSN to show up next time with full team as we would prefer to not play 2v2.

#13 2017-12-29 18:27:26

RVK_Troy
AoC Clan Operator RVK
Website

Here is everything you need to know (All proof "Chat Log)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/213583220

To help RTSL Staff out with what they want to do.

[RVK] Operator/Team Captain/ RTSL Streamer

#14 2018-01-07 17:50:02

Abraxas
League Staff & AoC Clan Operator Gaucho
Website

That’s unfortunate guys, but don’t worry, let’s just move forward. Hope Stsn can make it with 3 players next time. Stsn receives a miss for not having enough players at scheduled time. Please schedule again ASAP to play these matches.

Retroceder, nunca. Rendirse, jamás!

#15 2018-01-07 19:11:33

RFR_DarklyWise
AoC Clan Operator RFR

We will not reschedule this game.

They have not responded since they missed the game, although we gave them a chance both in Voobly chat and here to reschedule.

Out of the first three rounds, the opponent team has shown up once (and were late). Please feel free to disqualify us from the tournament if rescheduling is a requirement.

Last edited by RFR_DarklyWise (2018-01-07 19:20:34)

#16 2018-01-07 21:48:01

T-West
AoC Clan Operator Stsn

One of our players had told us he would be available, but then had to take his wife to the hospital and didn't let us know beforehand. We couldn't contact him before the game, and our other player who might have played had just sent his laptop in for repairs, so we didn't have a backup when our 3rd didn't show up. We offered to play a 2v2 but you said no (which is fair, as TaToH is significantly higher in skill than the rest of our team) so we agreed to give you AW.

After leaving the lobby one of your teammates messaged me asking for a 2v2, but TaToH was already gone and didn't want to come back since you had already said no.

#17 2018-01-07 22:49:06

RFR_DarklyWise
AoC Clan Operator RFR

The thing is that it doesn't work like that in RTSL. You can't give AW like that. What should happen is that you get a "miss", and then we reschedule.

But you never replied to this topic to reschedule. Now it's been almost two weeks.

And this fact that I have to reschedule with all the teams all the time, and keeping track of different matches that should have happened, and are going to happen, etc. is too much energy for me and my team, it's simply not worth it to us. That's why we've simply said now that enough is enough - if the administrators would like us to reschedule games where the other team is not responsive or not interested in playing (like Gaucho or Frantic) then we'd simply prefer to drop out of the league, because it's not fun for anyone to show up to an empty lobby once a week and wait for an hour to _maybe_ play a game.

Last edited by RFR_DarklyWise (2018-01-07 23:15:55)

#18 2018-01-09 04:16:05

Black Adder
League Administrator

While I understand your frustration DarklyWise with the unfortunate first matches you had to go through (and there have been much more frustrating cases this season, ask Straya), I'm not sure we need to go to such lengths looking at things all around and how the standard penalties are being handed out to the offending clans (albeit not in a timely manner, which might be adding to your feelings, I'll get to this later) - this isn't your first season, so you should know inexperienced clans tend to make mistakes, and you yourselves have once been a new clan, too - I'm sure you've had times when you needed leniency in scheduling to help you out as well in all the seasons you've participated (let's not forget what was the reason why the brought-up Frantic match wasn't played on the first date) - I'm not saying you're not a diligent clan, you are, but just asking you not to blame clans for a coincidence of multiple of them taking the weak moment just right now, with you - after all, they are playing other games all right, so it seems you just somehow "lucked" on all the bad stuff.

I know it's asking a lot of you to reschedule matches through no fault of yours, but that's what we're asking everyone, every participating clan, so you're no exception - for example Gaucho|C went through the same thing with 'sT|B this season - two unsuccessful schedulings with opponents not showing up, resulting in Admin Losses. You're in the same boat here.

RTS League is and always has been not about collecting Admin Wins for clans being late, but about playing games. This is why we give everyone second chances. Only after the second chance is spent ALs come into place, as we need to balance the pro-game and anti-frustration aspects. It can get sucky for good, diligent clans, yes, I get it you might feel spurned since you didn't need to take advantage of this as you take things seriously, but that doesn't mean others don't need it, and through them the whole competition to keep running and be a respectable tournament (we don't want to turn into a thing where half the games are Admin decisions, that just beats the purpose of any competition, especially one meant to be for fun of playing). It also doesn't mean you might not need it in the future in case of some unexpected problems (for example connection issues as your opponents had).

For the case here, unfortunately clans are regularly trying to offer AWs as they're used to it from other tournaments, which is why experienced clans should always on the spot warn them that's not allowed, because it can (and often does) lead to stopped interest in the match, because they consider it done. This is where we failed as admins to award the Miss sooner and put Stsn up to scheduling through explaining giving wins is not allowed, and I apologise for this - this delay probably could have, and should have been avoided.

For the other match (I'm just going to deal with it here in one place) - as I stated on the spot, the delay was unnecessary and could've been avoided had everyone arrived before the actual game time to test and prepare things - this is a running problem (what I personally, as I'm present at plenty of games for streaming, dislike is players just bantering for no reason instead of starting a game or preparing for it, like choosing a home map and such) and we'll be addressing it, as we see it, too, and feel it's not getting any better. We have already started testing a system in the AoT Clan League to that effect - our aim is to have clans be ready to play on the scheduled time, and if a match is not started at that time due to one clan, they should get penalised.

Otherwise leaving mid-match is, of course, quite bad manners (especially without replacements), and warrants a penalty that is to be handed out.

So all in all, I'm truly sorry you're having such bad experience with this season so far, but I'm hoping the next games will make up for it and you'll be happy to play games in RTS League again and most importantly have fun doing so^^ smile

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#19 2018-01-13 02:13:56

Black Adder
League Administrator

RFR, your input is needed.

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#20 2018-01-13 14:47:30

RFR_DarklyWise
AoC Clan Operator RFR

I can see that STSN had a very legit reason to miss the game.

I also agree that new clans might not know the rules, and I could have been more clear that the match should have been rescheduled when writing my reply to them: "I guess we could still reschedule..."

Also the "no reschedule"-part was more a reaction to the Gaucho situation than to STSN. STSN has been nothing but friendly. If STSN would like to reschedule now, then I think it's not too late.

RFR can still play the usual times which are 17-20 GMT on weekdays, and more flexible on weekends, if STSN would like to make another attempt.

Last edited by RFR_DarklyWise (2018-01-13 14:48:03)

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2018 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 3 milliseconds.