rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2009-01-04 17:40:47

L_Clan_Realn
Veteran
Website

Upcoming matches

Hey RTSL,

I was wonderign on the main website on right side you could have an "Upcoming Matches" somehow. That would be decent. I know old RTSL Website did that once (manually) but that was a very very long time ago.

Much love,
Realn

Last edited by L_Clan_Realn (2009-01-04 17:40:57)

If there are any problems, text or call me ASAP! Gratz~

#2 2009-01-04 17:57:28

Pedestrian
Webmaster

Re: Upcoming matches

Yeah, I suppose I could add something like that.

I am a little confused though, since there are 10-12 'upcoming' matches in any given week.  I guess I could just randomly pick 4 or 5 of them to display at a time, so they would change each time you refreshed the page or visited the site.

The trick would be to pick the 'best' matchups from the next few weeks and display those.  I'm not really sure the best way to do that though (except by hand).

#3 2009-01-04 18:21:07

L_Clan_Realn
Veteran
Website

IDK, just a thought. big_smile hehe. Thanks for taking it so warmly. smile

Last edited by L_Clan_Realn (2009-01-04 18:21:47)

If there are any problems, text or call me ASAP! Gratz~

#4 2009-01-04 19:34:53

IvIoIzT
Veteran

Pedestrian wrote:

Yeah, I suppose I could add something like that.

I am a little confused though, since there are 10-12 'upcoming' matches in any given week.  I guess I could just randomly pick 4 or 5 of them to display at a time, so they would change each time you refreshed the page or visited the site.

The trick would be to pick the 'best' matchups from the next few weeks and display those.  I'm not really sure the best way to do that though (except by hand).

Give each team a seed within their division, then whichever has the lowest sum, display it. Repeat for each division, so you have four "upcoming" matches per week

Eg

Team 1 vs Team 3
Team 2 vs Team 6
Team 4 vs Team 5

Would display Team 1 vs Team 3 as an upcoming match. But if the weeks schedule was

Team 1 vs Team 6
Team 2 vs Team 4
Team 3 vs Team 5

Then it would display Team 2 vs Team 4 as the upcoming match

Of course the seedings would be a matter of opinion, but you can give a rough idea. I'm sure some people will complain no matter what seedings you put, but hey it will spark debate, always good for a forum...

Im socialy retardet?AHHHH LOOOL.You are just a rdm noob who enver can improve his skill and going to be allready fatter behind his computer.
You are max.  embarrasment  for our com. Thats the fact.
And you are to dumb to understand this.
I think you are a guy from the english underclass of your social system.

#5 2009-01-04 19:57:33

Pedestrian
Webmaster

^ Yes, that's a lot like what I was thinking.  Shouldn't be too hard to put together.

I really like this idea, thanks guys.  I think I will try to get this set up soon wink

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 5 milliseconds.