rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2013-06-05 21:58:46

LNC_TheCrippler
Veteran

Changes for RTSL Season 20...

About next season I was thinking we could extend the season and shorten the playoffs, assuming we get 12 are more clans to play. Basically every clan will play every other clan during the season but the staff as to be really strict with the rules. Each game as to be played that week or staff decide the winner.

For Example:
-Two clans cannot agree on a time, before the week ends. Staff will award each team one win and one loss.
-If one team wants a 3v3 and the other team cannot get a team of 3 players by the end of the week, staff will award the other team with 2 wins.
-If staff feels that one team is not reasonable with their scheduling, staff can award the other team both wins.

Basically every round as to be played during that week, once a round is delayed, its puts a lot of pressure on the clan operator to schedule two rounds in the following week. What this approach also does is that if some clans drop out of the league like last season in Division 1, everyone can still have a good time because there're so many season games to play. We also don't need to play the noob league which no one cared about. At the end of the season the top 4 teams move to the playoffs.

Last edited by LNC_TheCrippler (2013-06-05 22:04:03)

http://i.imgur.com/kX2zwza.jpg

#2 2013-06-05 22:01:37

LNC_TheCrippler
Veteran

Re: Changes for RTSL Season 20...

Two teams per clan shouldn't be allowed for this approach because there're so many season games, everyone will eventually play.

#3 2013-06-05 22:04:38

DoD_J4Jc3
AoT Clan Operator DoD
Website

Yep, told BA the same. Except for the B teams which should be allowed.

http://www.thedodclan.com/public/style_images/sigs/rtsl_sig_.png

#4 2013-06-05 22:15:27

LNC_TheCrippler
Veteran

J4,  lets assume there're 12 clans playing, each clan would have to play 22 season games, in 11 weeks. Everything as to be played on schedule. This is a lot of games and a big season, you guys will need every player in DoD to finish the season.

@Staff This seems like a lot but we spend about 1-2 months on the playoffs this season 0_0. Also please remove the noob league, was really crappy and no one cared about it.

Last edited by LNC_TheCrippler (2013-06-05 22:15:54)

#5 2013-06-05 23:08:25

Black Adder
League Administrator

Thanks for your ideas, we already have plans ready for the new season that will hopefully help with at least some of the issues you worry about.

Just a few thoughts on your ideas:
- Longer group stage does not have to be a particularly good idea - the longer the group stage, the higher the chance of having clans lose interest and drop out, either because they kind of dissolve in the process (real life situations and stuff, 3 months is a long time, AoT is not a "healthy" community anymore, so to speak, there are not many long-time stable clans) or because the lower placed clans will quite soon reach a point where they have no chance of advancing to the playoffs, so some go to the attitude why bother (which is a real issue)
- League Cup's first season was not stellar, but it was good enough considering the situation after the group stage (actually 5 of the 6 clans showed interest with the 1 being pretty much out at the end of the group stage anyway, 2 then unfortunately could not finish)
- League Cup has its place here for several reasons:
-- Lower placed clans still have something to play for, therefore motivation for finishing the group stage (there tend to be problems with this); clans not playing the playoffs must wait a long time for the next season (even without delays), this shortens the wait to some extent; clans get to play more games with meaning, which is what they are here for, to compete
- Please do not spoil the intent of League Cup to provide more competition and fun for everyone by posting such pointless derogatory comments, thank you

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#6 2013-06-06 00:54:21

LNC_TheCrippler
Veteran

Just that TSM named it losers bracket and mG's best player didn't show up, kind of indicated that they didn't care but you're probably right and hopefully it goes well next season.

Last edited by LNC_TheCrippler (2013-06-06 04:43:24)

#7 2013-06-06 04:25:58

GDM_zoccio
AoT Clan Operator GDM+ONU

tbh honest idk how did u make distribution of groups but in my perspective last season was kind of uneven..

#8 2013-06-06 13:38:53

Black Adder
League Administrator

Yes we are aware of the fact it ended that way, unfortunately there was a combination of some clans overachieving above our expectations and others underachieving - and 1 strong clan in div one dropped hmm

This was an exceptional situation that does not happen very often, we will do our best to gauge the clans better in the upcoming season.

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#9 2013-06-09 15:28:36

GDM_zoccio
AoT Clan Operator GDM+ONU

when will start the next season?

#10 2013-06-12 23:48:52

Black Adder
League Administrator

Sign-ups will start in about a week.

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#11 2013-06-13 22:19:46

Shelty

Are you going to be allowing 2 teams or 1, or Is it not decided yet?

#12 2013-06-13 22:31:57

ChronoJJ
Senior League Staff + AoT Clan Operator OB

There will be a few new guidelines (we are ironing the details out), but yes, multiple teams will be allowed. One thing we will require is set clan rosters for each team, prior to the season, so if you are planning on having multiple teams, try to get those teams' rosters finalized.

Last edited by ChronoJJ (2013-06-13 22:33:36)

#13 2013-06-14 07:06:09

Shelty

That wont be a problem for DoD, Ill talk to everyone and see what they think. Thanks

#14 2013-06-15 03:14:03

TSM_André
AoT Clan Operator F2

Make fair play rating something oficial or dont bother using it. I dont remember having any confusion with any clan nor any member of my team that played so i dont see why we would even be lowest rating

#15 2013-06-15 11:07:12

DoD_HaGGiS

TSM_André wrote:

Make fair play rating something oficial or dont bother using it. I dont remember having any confusion with any clan nor any member of my team that played so i dont see why we would even be lowest rating

You not showed vs lnc, you had some big arguement with vk. you also had a couple other mulptiple page schduling topics but i cant be bothered looking through them compared to everyone else doing it single page. your issues will be there.

#16 2013-06-15 17:55:19

TSM_André
AoT Clan Operator F2

There's was one miss indeed vs LNC and we got the penalty for it. vK was the clan refusing to play when they had a lot of players online and inside the game already, pic was in the topic. Nothing else happened and the multiple pages topics were because the other clan didnt reply to any post ( TCL ). That doesnt relate to being the last in rating when there other clans having miss, wo and fights.

Fair play should have a reason why such rated was awarded because clearly ppl arent doing it clean or just in the same way

#17 2013-06-15 21:04:14

Black Adder
League Administrator

Fair Play Rating is the overall perception of your clan in the League, it has nothing to do with your actual match results - each clan you faced evaluates how you acted during scheduling, how you acted before the game, ingame, and after the game. Clans evaluate how was the whole experience of having a match with your clan.

TSM received both very high marks, but also very low ones. The resulting number is a simple arithmetic average. This often means that it tends to be sensitive to bad marks, meaning that if a clan wants to succeed in this secondary award, they have to take care of their League image the whole time.

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#18 2013-06-15 21:16:11

TSM_André
AoT Clan Operator F2

But in the end its all about perception as some1 may never give a 9/10 because nothing is ever perfect while some1 else will give a 9/10 if games went normal. While others will just rate lower based on their mood. Make some reason requirement to fair play rating or it turns into a popularity contest

#19 2013-06-15 21:53:06

LNC_TheCrippler
Veteran

Player is right but no one pays Black_Adder and JJ to do all this work, adding reasons to fair play report makes this even more complex.

Second those reasons can't go public because then there would be arguments and hatred between clans.

#20 2013-06-15 22:20:23

TSM_André
AoT Clan Operator F2

I never said to go public, ppl already send the fair play rating so whats the problem in adding a reason like " i rate them 5 because they made us wait too much time" or "i rate them 9 because they were all nice". The current way you just rate whatever you want regardless of what actually happens

#21 2013-06-15 23:04:19

Black Adder
League Administrator

I understand what you are saying with the reasonings for the numbers, but I do not think it would actually change anything (and to tell the truth, operators are often mentioning the opinion in their own words anyway when reporting the Fair Play Rating). This system worked in the past for several years the same as it is now and there were regularly clans even with 2s and less, the average was much lower than it is now - we actually have quite high numbers in comparison, and League average of 7.5 is awesome.

You take this Fair Play Rating as a competition - it is not. It is more like voting on Balon d'Or or NHL player awards and such - and that will always be based on personal opinions and everyone will value different things - someone praises Messi's skill with the ball, someone else will say he is nothing without Iniesta... But in the end, it all comes down to the same thing. The real result of this is how are the matches with your clan "generally" thought of - your result is average, not bad or anything worse. You are generally ok to play with.

If some clan was giving low marks on purpose, we would see that in the results and take steps, we want to keep the award meaningful. But at the same time you can be assured that if someone is thrifty with high numbers, he will be thrifty with all the clans, not just yours.

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#22 2013-06-16 11:14:23

DoD_HaGGiS

I think what player is trying to say, people have different views on how the rating system works for instance team A think if everything is fine with no hiccups that is average so is a 5/10
Team B would encouter that same situation and see it as 10/10 cause it ran smoothly. so that is a diff of 5 points just between 2 clans  on the same situation.
So you should make it clear like if everything is fine give it say 7, then additional points if they are helpful etc... negative points if they are rude, make you wait, etc.

#23 2013-06-16 12:47:41

DoD_J4Jc3
AoT Clan Operator DoD
Website

Agreed with Player. Some guidelines would be good.

http://www.thedodclan.com/public/style_images/sigs/rtsl_sig_.png

#24 2013-06-16 14:03:19

Black Adder
League Administrator

Okay, we will elaborate on the rating system a bit more next season and try to get everyone on the same page.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#25 2013-06-16 14:45:58

TSM_André
AoT Clan Operator F2

That too but also if some1 for example gives a number below 5 that means that the games didnt go smooth and if the scheduling topic doesnt show that then maybe something is wrong u know? When i said a reason was to cover situations like that and maybe just the guidelines will help on that regard.

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 4 milliseconds.