rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2015-03-11 17:14:09

VIK_WaRRioR
Veteran

AW request VIK vs RoR

http://i.imgur.com/j2U6faQ.png
we are ready to play with wololo

Last edited by VIK_WaRRioR (2015-03-11 20:11:46)

#2 2015-03-12 10:28:07

[RoR]Optilaser
AoR Clan Operator RoR

Re: AW request VIK vs RoR

http://www.rts-league.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5414

I want to quote Mr. Andorin "Please try to get these games done before the weekend or at least by Saturday...so the winner can play their quarters on Sunday." - this is an admin decision.

You actually are requesting an AW for the series that you are down 0-1? Now I have suggested you a nice time for this Saturday so you will be ready to play Wololo for sure if you win the series and advance as the winners

I sincerely apologize for the player problem ! The busiest days of our members are over and we are ready to win you and prepare deeply for every upcoming round.

How about we actually duel it out and see who the real winner is. smile

#3 2015-03-12 19:34:26

nC_Andorin
League Staff & AoR Clan Operator nC

No giving of free wins (AW) - We are all here to play the games.
RoR receives a warning for not being able to play on the scheduled time, please try to avoid such situations in the future.
Get these games done this week guys.

http://www.voobly.com/files/view/15198400/er4k9yzzaodeorph8wp29qq6nyepe99s/RTSLeagueNew_s33_silver.png

http://www.voobly.com/files/view/22893618/5v9buk989uvqjm2347xf9zo7cpcpxzqs/RTSLeague_AOC_s35_bronze.png

#4 2015-03-13 17:09:58

VIK_dfs

Free win?

RoR changed game time twice after we confirmed it. They late for the games and show bad manners while playing. And after it they are saying what they can't play 3v3 last games.

We can take aw if they don't have 3 players due to the rules. And we use this ability. Also, they confirmed it.

What's the problem?

#5 2015-03-13 20:55:56

Black Adder
League Administrator

You cannot just take any Admin Wins, reread the rules please. In a situation like this it's as if your opponent did not have enough players for the scheduled time, which means a Miss (which is basically what the warning means) and reschedule - if they happened to miss or mismanage another scheduled time like that (for the second time), then we could be talking about Admin Losses.

As for the scheduling, that's standard scheduling process, you shouldn't take for granted that what somebody posts as a first idea is a confirmed time on their part, that's not how proper scheduling works... They gave you enough prior notice those times won't work in the end.

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#6 2015-03-13 23:45:03

VIK_dfs

Seems like we really don't understand how the scheduling works.

We are changing our plans to play this games and to suit our opponent's times. We canceled meetings/work/other staff, because we understand what it's hard to get 6 players at one place at one time.

It looks like what next time we sould't pay so much attention to it, because we can change the date if we want, and find a time, when all of our players will be free. OK, I got you.

#7 2015-03-14 01:17:00

Black Adder
League Administrator

I'm sorry these schedulings somehow altered your plans, but I would've thought VIK is participating long enough to know how things work, exactly because, as you say, it's not easy to gather so many people across timezones and things happen all the time.

Let's have a look at the scheduling for this match, I hope I'll make things a bit clearer how they seem on the outside:

1) On Sunday 22nd RoR offer a general timerange where they think the match could work. Nowhere have they said this time range is 100% confirmed on their part. It is just a kick-off suggestion, to get the talks going and gauge what time range might be suitable for you.

I could see where you might be thinking they're saying these times are fine for them, but tbh that's really a lot of faith on your part, and I would've thought as a clan participating for several seasons, you would've realised that. The kind of scheduling you're suggesting is not a very common way, the most usual way is that a team kicks off with some generally good times that they can often make, but haven't checked with their players yet, and they're trying to see if it is also reasonably good for their opponents, so that they wouldn't ask their players for times that would be irrelevant. Basically they're trying to avoid the exact situation you are talking about.

2) On Monday 23rd VIK posts 16GMT is okay.

3) Here you should be waiting for confirmation on their part, because you need to know if your opponents have even read your message. How can you expect them to show up in case they haven't read your message? Once they confirm on their part, you should ideally re-confirm on your part, so that in turn they know you have read their confirmation. This is how proper scheduling should look.

4) On Wednesday 25th RoR post they in the end cannot play, 3 days before the actual playtime (half a week in a week-long round, that's quite decent.)

5) VIK does not even acknowledge this, as if you weren't visiting the forum anymore - explained by the fact that you apparently thought the scheduling was over. You respond only after the Saturday, on Monday 2nd, looking for the same time this week.

6) On Tuesday 3rd RoR post that it looks very good, but need to confirm with their players that it will really work this specific Saturday. That is what their post means. I can see a potential misunderstanding here due to some language barrier, they could have made the post clearer, but at the same time, it means what it means.

7) Again, here you need to wait for their confirmation, exactly because they say it's not confirmed on their part yet.

8) On Thursday 5th RoR post the time doesn't work in the end, that they would be available only at 18GMT.

9) On Friday 6th you agree to their proposal.

10) RoR should have confirmed here, as per point 3) above.

11) Match happens (in the limited extent that it did).

This is how the scheduling looks, and tbh it's one of the better ones happening in RTS League.

Different Clan Operators handle the scheduling differently, and unfortunately you cannot be sure your opponent is on the same "wavelength" as you in the scheduling process, so you must be cautious and it's better not to assume too many things. It's advisable to make sure rather than risk wasting your time and effort, as it unfortunately seems to have happened to you. Also, this is why it's advised to have a good English speaker as the Clan Operator, to avoid misunderstandings.

Additionally, it is a good idea to keep checking back to the scheduling topic even after a time is set, because often it's the only way to communicate with your opponent. It can be the only way to tell you that the scheduled time doesn't work anymore for some serious reason, and that you don't have to waste your time. Or that some slight change would be welcome, things like that.

I hope this explanation and tips shed some more light on the scheduling process for you, and I definitely hope you can avoid any similar problems in your next matches.

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#8 2015-03-14 10:18:41

VIK_dfs

It's quite clear, thx.

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 4 milliseconds.