rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2017-05-30 12:51:39

nimanoe

What happens in case of a three-way tie?

Heya, I was just checking the current standings in our group (Division C) and saw that the top 3 clans ( [TheJedi], VIK and Arg) all drawed against eachother, while not losing a single game to anyone outside the top 3 so far.
Assuming they continue to win 2 games against every other team outside the top 3 and don't get any points rejected for lack of scheduling or not showing up, which teams would advance to the next stage?
In the rules I only could find what happens in case two teams get the same record, but there's no mention of three-way ties, except when teams are tied in points over different groups/divisions:

B. Determination of Playoff Participants
1)    The top two clans in each division with the most points at the end of the regular season will advance to the Playoffs. In addition, depending on the size of the League and the number of divisions, the League Staff may select a number of third-place clans as "wild-card" teams to fill out any remaining spots in the Playoff bracket.
2)    If there is a tie between two clans in the same division, only one of whom can receive a Playoff spot, a one-game tiebreaker on the map "Blind Random" must be played to determine the winner.
3)    If there is a tie between two or more clans competing for wild-card spots, the Playoff participants will be selected based on a random drawing.

Would be great if one of the admins could shed some light on what's gonna happen before the group stage is finished and we'll get a lot of drama 11

#2 2017-05-30 16:10:09

Black Adder
League Administrator

Re: What happens in case of a three-way tie?

Well as has been posted in the Guide to Season 40 top 3 are currently planned to advance, so all would go through. However, since the first place receives a bye into the Quarterfinals, we would still want to do deciders - probably 1 game between each of them on Blind Random. If it yielded no results, we'd probably step to random drawing.

There are still plenty of games left that are far from easy, so let's see how things develop smile

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 10 milliseconds.