rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2018-10-24 02:35:05

Black Adder
League Administrator

Title Getting Close - First AoR Playoffs Begin!

https://i.imgur.com/Bu56Ijx.png

Seems the first Season of RTS League's Age of Empires II: Rise of the Rajas Clan League started on the right foot as we have seen top level gameplay all around with some real memorable matches along the way, including the very season premiere and also closing matches to the Group Stage (and plenty in-between, of course) - now it's time to crank it all up even more: Playoffs are here. The best clans of the best will fight for the prestigious Banners and it's really up in the air who will be successful in this 17th year of competing with RTS League - just take a look at all the names and guess which one could be making it all the way, we dare you:

Arg, ByT, CM', CZ, FOX, Gaucho, Heresy, nC, NHN, RBTV, RFR, RoR, Straya, VN, Weljet, WOTC

Playoff Bracket

You may have your favourites, but rest assured, there are plenty of players ready to prove you wrong, and so you would do well to cheer your chosen clan all the way as they will need your support on their difficult path - you can do that right here in the comments, or of course during the numerous live streams we'll provide on our channel twitch.tv/RTSLeague and we're sure there are going to be some PoVs as well based on what players are playing - and if you're really into things, then you'll find more content to talk about and like on our Facebook and Twitter as clans get into the heat of battle - just follow us everywhere (also e.g. YouTube) and you won't miss a thing (or lurk and have fun anyway, either is good :d).

As the first games are getting scheduled and it seems Thursday is the first playing day, all that remains is to wish gl&hf everyone, and may the best clan win! smile

Important note to clans that haven't made it into the Playoffs - based on initial plans and positive feedback, we're thinking of hosting the premiere AoEII League Cup, i.e. a postseason competition for non-Playoff clans - please be vigilant as we might try to contact you, or give us a hoot right off if you're interested so that we don't dally around smile

--------------------

Info for the clans

First and foremost congrats on advancing forward in the tournament!

Concerning the format, it's the standard as usual, Round of 16 is Best of 3 (home map each clan, third on Blind Random), starting from Quarterfinals it changes into Best of 5 with two set maps - we'll let you know the pre-set maps soon in the info topic in the scheduling forum.

Timetable:
Round of 16: 22nd-28th October
Quarterfinals: 29th October - 4th November
Semifinals: 5-11th November
Grand Finals/Bronze Match: 12-18th November

If you're wondering how the Playoff seeding was decided, we follow a few simple rules: reached position in the Division, reached points total (taking into account different sizes of Divisions and their development if needed), results of match-ups within the division, first and second from one division can meet only in the Finals, diversity consideration to prevent same-division match-ups in the first round (we already know how clans played against each other in the division, Playoffs are about comparing with other divs! smile). All in all, the quality and skill level of this season was again really high and it keeps getting higher, so there really isn't any "easy" path to the Gold for anyone smile The lone advancing fourth spot was then pretty clear this time around.

Just going to leave this here again, we have again seen some questions - no restarts in RTS League unless a bad mapscrew like obstructed gold and such.

That's it then - you're already nicely scheduling, so no need to remind you of that, therefore let's "just" have some proper AoEII fun! smile

Gl&hf clans, may the skill be with you!

--------------------

Would You Like to Get Involved and Help Us and the Community?

We're always on the lookout for engaged players, new active staffers can help us run the competitions better, artistically gifted people would make things nicer, technical skillers could make our web and services to the community so much better!

If you think you can help, give us a hit (don't forget to change the addressee nick to Black Adder) and we can talk it through, we would especially be super-glad for assistance with the web, as we're sure you can see for yourself smile

Want to Help Us Do More for You and the Community? Sling Us! smile

Since we're continually receiving very positive feedback from players enjoying playing with us, we feel you'd welcome us to do more for you and the community - we feel the same and would like to help you have even more fun with competitions we host, and so have opened a few options how you could assist in hosting new tournaments or Leagues in the spirit of RTS League - your support will be the foundation of something good and fun for everyone smile If you decide to level up your team play and sling us, open the Diplomacy menu or use the on-stream options on our channel smile (If you have specific ideas, give us a message and we'll work something out.)

About us:
RTS League is the foremost and longest running "Age of" clan competition ever, with a history of hosting numerous other strategy games (like StarCraft II, Empire Earth, and Dawn of War) in the past. Fun and friendliness are the prominent aspects of RTS League, with the unquestionable prestige and fame the triumph brings to the top finishing clans following close behind.

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#2 2018-10-24 10:07:28

Abraxas
League Staff & AoR Clan Operator Gaucho
Website

Re: Title Getting Close - First AoR Playoffs Begin!

The pool of maps to choose from as HM is the RM - Standard + RF?

Retroceder, nunca. Rendirse, jamás!

#3 2018-10-24 13:49:35

Black Adder
League Administrator

Abraxas wrote:

The pool of maps to choose from as HM is the RM - Standard + RF?

Sure, same as group stage smile

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#4 2018-10-24 20:10:29

Abraxas
League Staff & AoR Clan Operator Gaucho
Website

ty!

Retroceder, nunca. Rendirse, jamás!

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 6 milliseconds.