rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2007-12-23 00:55:55

scenario josh

Replay Parsing

There used to be a programming board over here, got some good answers, so I'm going to ask. Anyone know anything about replay parsing? I want to build a replay uploader with php for our clan site, but I am not sure how to go about doing it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I can build one where the user fills in all the fields, thats easy, but what sites still use that method? I need something such as the likes of GR.org or agesanctuary has.

Would appreciate any help.

#2 2007-12-23 07:15:11

Pedestrian
Webmaster

Re: Replay Parsing

Good question, Josh.

We don't use a replay parser on this site, mainly because having the operators enter the info manually is a good way to catch any clans that play with unregistered players.  Since you don't have that issue, though, using a replay parser makes sense for your project.

If I were you, would go to the NerVe forums and talk to Flammifer about his SMF forum mod.  From what I remember, it's written in PHP and parses rec game data and displays it on the forums.  If you're good enough with PHP, you could easily extract the relevant code and customize it for your site (if Flammifer gives you permission, of course).

Oh, and good luck with your "project."  wink

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 4 milliseconds.