rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2011-05-02 16:44:11

[Vague]_Woudloper

Age Of Empires:Online

Hello RTS-League,

I am IBubbleI from AoeO, and I was wondering if RTSL could also be hosted for AoeO after release. There are already a couple of clans showing up. And there are coming more and more. So I think it will be a good idea that RTSL will be also for AoeO.

Comments?

#2 2011-05-02 17:43:46

Patjuh
RTSL Alumnus

Re: Age Of Empires:Online

You mean you're a player playing AoeO or someone from the game-developer staff?

I haven't played the game myself but this is a game worth considering for sure. Only 'problem' I'm hearing about is that it's not really a proper game for eSports/serious competition due to the MMO-aspect of the game...

I'm sure we will start considering the game any soon as it's obviously a title worth considering as we've always supported games like Age of Empires etc.   In the end if there are enough clans I'd say why not? But this is something which will first need to be discussed and considered smile

#3 2011-05-02 18:01:48

Black Adder
League Administrator

Hello,

as Patjuh said, we have always supported "Age of" games and will definitely continue to do so in the future.

If there is a way in which clan competitions could function in AoEO, we will surely discuss the possibilities of its addition to our portfolio of games.

And on this exact same note, how much is the game "clan-friendly" and does it support competitive team games?

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#4 2011-05-02 19:15:50

[Vague]_Woudloper

In the future there will be some kind of guild system for sure. So that's a plus for clans.

About competitive play. At this moment around 2,5k people are playing every day in the closed beta. And the the pvp game-play is really good. So that's also a plus.
At this moment there is only 2v2 possible, but of course that will change it's still in beta. A lot of things to come in future/release. So it will be a competitive worthy game for sure.

~Bub.

#5 2011-05-02 20:27:05

Pedestrian
Webmaster

I agree. If there is interest, and it supports clan-based play, of course we will support it.

#6 2011-08-21 20:01:30

Pedestrian
Webmaster

FYI, we are busy working out the details, but we will be launching an AOEO league in the near future.

#7 2011-08-30 09:22:08

Phobos

Hi everybody,

I'm a former portuguese PorT Clan member, and i've been curiouse about AoEO, reason why i've played it since it's release.

As for game mechanics and, it's Age of Empires all over. You get quickly used to it's hotkeys controls logic, and you can see clearly it had the hand of the former ensemble studios workers. It aint surelly a mini-version of age of empires.

Unfortunatly, there's a lot of downsides atm.

1 - No Clan support atm. Like on conquerors and even AoM, people get to create a char with the clan tag attached, like PorT_Ph0b0s. You can work it on the city name too. Problem is, a civ has to be leveled up till lvl 40. Altho that seems to take no longer than a month achieving, it's always a "con".

2 - Units can be geared with common, uncommon, rare and epic gear. Altho this same epic gear doesnt seem to hard to find out, there will always be unbalences in between the teams. I remember those small  nerfs to Seth on AoM, just to make it more fair. On AoEO, with this gear, it will be nearly impossible to make it 100% fair.

As for the rest, the game has some nice improvements to make it fun for a leage. You can choose diferent advisors 1st hand a game (each age can have one advisor, grating you allowance to train a specific unit or a bonus to train time, cost, LoS, and so on, for a unit or a group of them). Plus, the Tech Tree. You cant learn all of it, but you can reset it anytime, and adjust for a specific one. You can make a tree focusing Sea, focusing economy, focusing on a specific group of units... on 3vs3 games, this will make it really interesting and it will be a challenge for the team players to adjust their trees depending the clan they are facing.

Also, you can easily make 3vs3 games, using a incapital building called "Arena", where you can arrange games with members on your party, spliting the teams and choosing a map.

In sum, if there was a mode "Standard Gear", where all greek and egypt units have same default stats, then the game would be more than ready for competition.

#8 2011-08-30 19:36:58

NereusC

pathing system is also bad ;(

I will take a brake from it antil the first patch comes out. Till now AOE3 TAD ftw!

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 5 milliseconds.