rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2013-08-03 22:49:04

LNC_Velite

Streaming of rtsl games?

Pk is streaming their games with an observer in their match against undead.  I thought this was not allowed?

http://i.imgur.com/4Zp5B8P.jpg

#2 2013-08-03 23:16:59

undead_Ned

Re: Streaming of rtsl games?

yeah i said them, that cannot be do it. but they said a lot of stuff. and continue doing the stream.

#3 2013-08-03 23:47:40

LNC_Velite

streaming with a player is ok I think(like themista did during last game finals), but with an observer there is too much room to cheat.  A player could have the stream open and alt-tab.  They could be on vent or skype with someone watching the stream.

Not to mention, i saw the observer with yellow/red connection to 3 of the players(all pk) throughout the game.  It probably caused some lag

#4 2013-08-03 23:50:34

Black Adder
League Administrator

We are currently discussing possibilities of streaming RTS League games, but streaming without sufficient prior notice to both the teams and League Staff is not how it should work. Thanks for letting us know.

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#5 2013-08-04 00:01:29

LNC_TheCrippler
Veteran

To stream RTSL games would be really cool and would also attract a lot of attention on Twitch but there's a chance of lag or people cheating. Maybe we could have a staff streaming the game with a special mod that covers the tiny map and probably some other rules. I've seen vK mod where it shows their clan tag at the bottom, I'm sure you guys can make a mod to block the mini map.

Last edited by LNC_TheCrippler (2013-08-04 00:19:24)

http://i.imgur.com/kX2zwza.jpg

#6 2013-08-04 00:34:17

Black Adder
League Administrator

That is why we are in the discussing part smile Today is a good example why we need to prepare things before launching anything.

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#7 2013-08-04 20:20:26

LNC_TheCrippler
Veteran

Just wanted to add something to this topic,  Jolly had posted that they had a 2 min delay for their live stream vs Undead, that's pretty cool. I'm sure the staff knows but most of the people reading this probably don't so just wanted to point this out.

Last edited by LNC_TheCrippler (2013-08-04 20:20:53)

http://i.imgur.com/kX2zwza.jpg

#8 2013-08-04 20:39:05

Black Adder
League Administrator

Yes, stream delay in competitive matches is a standard to prevent cheating and we want that/will have that. We will be taking every measure possible to ensure streamed games remain fair and fun for all participating clans smile

Follow RTSL on Facebook

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 4 milliseconds.