rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2014-02-07 12:18:01

DoD_BLiTz_
AoT Clan Operator DoD|C

League Standings

Hello,

I was wondering if an admin could implement a quick HTML code to copy the current standings as a code, to implement on our forum.

sc2cl.com for example uses it, it saves up a lot of time and it's a one time code an admin would have to create, which should update with the table itself wink.

Just an idea. You'll find an attachement from one of the divisions in sc2cl.com to let you see what I mean. Furthermore there is the code for that scores on our homepage, which can also be seen on the screenshot. At last, on the right of the screenshot is what we are using at the moment to show the RTSL standings. We created the table ourselves and obviously we are updating it manually which from time to time gets annoying.

Thanks in advance wink

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/97e9VlV.png

#2 2014-02-20 12:30:41

DoD_BLiTz_
AoT Clan Operator DoD|C

Re: League Standings

I guess that's a no 11

#3 2014-02-20 16:04:03

Black Adder
League Administrator

I was leaving this for Pedestrian to answer, but anyway, due to our current resource status, I believe no is truly the right answer right now (Pedestrian will correct me if I'm wrong). Possibly when the web is reworked, but that's still ways off.

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#4 2014-02-21 10:26:30

DoD_BLiTz_
AoT Clan Operator DoD|C

I thought this would go through Pedestrian. I remember contacting him when setting up the homepage by PM:

"BlackAdder mentioned we could contact you to get an XML file that will do this automatically. It would link us up with the updates on the current standing on this page, and obviously that would save us some time! I was wondering if you can actually help us out with such a file? It would be great!

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,"

This was his answer:

"Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you - I have an urgent project at work right now that is taking up all of my free time, even on the weekends.

I think it would be awesome if the RTSL standings were displayed on the RTS-S portal.  I'll set up an XML interface as soon as I have a chance.  I'll probably do one for the standings, and (if I have time) another one for recently uploaded games.

I'll let you know when it's ready.  If you have any other ideas, let me know and I'll be happy to help."

I guess he is still really busy with real life.. Guess I'll just wait for him to see this topic wink

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 4 milliseconds.