rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2015-05-04 07:31:43

LNC_TheCrippler
Veteran

Med map..................... :/

How do you know when a map is unbalanced? I guess when everyone plays that certain civ on the map, like Zeus on Med (Another example would be Oranos on Nomads). I know Med would never be removed from RTSL but the staff should at least apply rules to the map else players will just abuse the flaws of the map.

Rules for Med map or maybe in general:
-You can't use double bolt on the same player in archaic age.
-You can't use double ss on the same player in archaic age. (Triple SS on one player lol, can't believe this is allowed.)

For Med map:
-Triple CF should be banned on Med, basically such a strat forces everyone to play Zeus or you lose water once they reach heroic. (Scylla hmm)
-- Norse players can't gain favor during CF.
-- Eggy, Atty and Norse can't fight a mythic Greek army while they control sea.

J4: Triple anything is extremely powerful.

You can't compare triple CF to triple rag, triple a/e, triple Krush, triple earthquake, etc because you get bolt/ss when you start the game or get CF the instant you go classical age. My point is you don't have to do anything to get these gp's but to do a triple rag/a-e/krush/eq requires skills to get to that point or skills to preform a krush.

A triple CF on med goes in the same category as putting up tons of walls around your wonder, bolting an ulfsark when building a dock or playing Nomads.

Maybe the staff can discuss some of the strategies for this map and apply some rules to it, hopefully this season.

Last edited by LNC_TheCrippler (2015-05-04 11:00:00)

http://i.imgur.com/kX2zwza.jpg

#2 2015-05-04 12:53:22

Black Adder
League Administrator

Re: Med map..................... :/

We'll look into it, but this coming from you, someone from a clan with a history of using unusual strategies and maps the enemies cannot counter on the first try, is a bit unexpected wink

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#3 2015-05-04 21:01:52

LNC_TheCrippler
Veteran

lol Yea, I was always against change but lately you guys have been adding rules to prevent abuse so this was just something to consider.

TBL also mentioned an interesting idea:

TBL_Goldlion: maybe if they change the rules so you can have only one civilization in the team would be more interesting games ... instead of tor isis Zeus, or ura loki possy we see Zeus Zeus Zeus, ora ora ora: c
This surely didn't show the true team skills of a clan

http://i.imgur.com/kX2zwza.jpg

#4 2015-05-18 02:03:25

AoL_Iron_maiden
Veteran

I think this is absolutely silly hahaha.
What is the benefit of triple ceasefire that gives a certain team an advantage....? Nothing...  Any team is free to choose triple zeus, too....

honestly... if you start adding more and more and more and more specific rules.... it will be hell trying to enforce everything - plus it will be frustrating to clans trying to abide by EVERY rule out there...
The way to avoid certain imbalances is to patch the game, not create a million stipulations.

Besides - what happened to creativity? Find a way to counter the triple zeus scylla fh, cube....

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 5 milliseconds.