rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2016-05-25 20:55:13

Black Adder
League Administrator

AoT S26 Postseason Begins!

http://i.imgur.com/jxCwLRV.png

Group stage of Season 26 of RTS League's Age of Mythology: The Titans Clan League was quite intense with many questions about the final placements decided only in the very last games, and so we're now definitely heading for an intriguing postseason full of top quality clan wars - all the initial favourites got through, including the reigning Champions AbsoLads, fittingly as the top seed without losing a game, but there are also some other nice names still fighting to get their chance on glory - can some of them upset the established order and claim a prestigious Banner? That's written in the stars, and up to them to prove their quality.

These six top finishers have secured their spot in the Playoffs:

DoD, DoD|B, JSS, Lad, Lad|B, TSM

And the following four are going to fight for the two remaining Wild Cards:

F2, GDM, Mor0nZ, TBL

Playoff Bracket

Playoff Scheduling Forum

The best Age of Mythology can offer, and we will, as during the divisional play, bring the epic fights to you live on our channels twitch.tv/RTSLeague and twitch.tv/RTSLeague2 and then also on our YouTube, so make sure to subscribe, and also follow our community channels to learn when the matches are going to happen and when you should get ready for the AoT goodness

http://i.imgur.com/BrmV7gk.png http://i.imgur.com/IEBUCY1.png http://i.imgur.com/u1Xv4Rp.png http://i.imgur.com/u1Xv4Rp.png http://i.imgur.com/jhL7lal.png http://i.imgur.com/NuEaX5r.png http://i.imgur.com/JuYIdyu.png

But before the battles begin, we are curious who do you think will finish on the top spots, or who do you think will be eliminated all too soon - let us know in the comments or on our community channels to share with your friends and foes alike smile

League Cup

An integral part of the AoT postseason is, of course, also the League Cup, a competition where clans can find redemption, and, more importantly, additional fun games to enjoy beyond divisional play. Since League Cup wouldn't be complete without two of the clans from the Play-Ins, the race for the Blood-Red Banner will begin after those are played, which should be in about a week's time.

Gl&hf all the participating clans then, may the skill be with you!

Technical Notes

Quarterfinals are slated for the week 30th May - 5th June due to the Play-Ins still to be played, but the already set match-ups can already be scheduled for this weekend if you can find the time.

About us:
RTS League is the foremost and longest running "Age of" clan competition ever, with a history of hosting numerous other strategy games (like StarCraft II, Empire Earth, and Dawn of War) in the past. Fun and friendliness are the prominent aspects of RTS League, with the unquestionable prestige and fame the triumph brings to the top finishing clans following close behind.

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#2 2016-05-30 18:04:30

TSM_André
AoT Clan Operator F2

Re: AoT S26 Postseason Begins!

is this season going to have pre determined maps or is that just for semis and finals? Also quarters are bo3 right?

#3 2016-05-31 20:29:24

DoD_Pokerstar_
AoT Clan Operator DoD|B
Website

The seeds were wrong.

#4 2016-05-31 21:02:48

TBL_Seattle_MC
Veteran

is perfect, They want to leave JSS vs DOD and Lad vs TSM on the finals wink
would be a shame if this does not happen = /

#5 2016-05-31 23:40:00

DoD_Pokerstar_
AoT Clan Operator DoD|B
Website

Not sure how twisting seeds for such match-ups hold up the integrity of the league.

#6 2016-06-01 15:03:45

Black Adder
League Administrator

TSM_André wrote:

is this season going to have pre determined maps or is that just for semis and finals? Also quarters are bo3 right?

Yes, you're right, Quarterfinals are Best of 3, Semis and Finals/Bronze will be Best of 5 with 2 pre-set maps each - we're finalising the choices now, as we wanted to see if we could get in some interesting new maps that would be fun to play, but still felt "standard" so that it wouldn't put you clans in some awkward position.

As for the seeds, they follow the group stage achievements and also basic bracket-making guidelines that tend to get tricky with odd number of divisions. The process is the same as in the previous seasons.

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#7 2016-06-01 15:14:53

DoD_Pokerstar_
AoT Clan Operator DoD|B
Website

How does a team that is 7-3 get a lower seed than a 5-5 team? When the only losses where to other playoff teams within the division. While the 5-5 team lost to league cup teams.

Hard to deny the seeding for DoD B was wrong, and as Seattle said, designed to produce a desired outcome, rather than being based on the merits of the early round play.

Last edited by DoD_Pokerstar_ (2016-06-01 15:15:39)

#8 2016-06-01 20:25:06

Black Adder
League Administrator

Again, it's the same as previous seasons, the system is the same - first and foremost criterion is the achievement in the group stage, and then base bracket-making guidelines are applied, such as the first and second teams from the same division potentially meeting only in the Finals. Playoffs are a way to determine cross-divisional strength of clans, correctly proving which clan is better than which, having many of the same match-ups we have already seen in the division makes little sense.

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#9 2016-06-02 03:06:26

DoD_Pokerstar_
AoT Clan Operator DoD|B
Website

While I understand what you are saying, the "first and foremost" criteria is to create a desirable bracket, and not group stage finish. This btw is not standard practice (arbitrarily assigning seeds) when creating brackets.

It's unlikely to effect the overall outcome so my rant is over.

#10 2016-06-07 01:17:31

TSM_André
AoT Clan Operator F2

can we know the map set for semis and finals already?

#11 2016-06-08 00:38:11

Black Adder
League Administrator

Yep, just posted them, sorry about the delay^^

Follow RTSL on Facebook

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 4 milliseconds.