rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2016-10-17 07:50:15

Forever
AoR Clan Operator NHN

NHN ROSTER

There has been some doubts about our team roster and i want to make clear our team fits all the rules in "offical rules" in this web. NHN Lacasitos is ByT Darem, he is in ByT roster because he was in last season with them, but he doesnt play for byt this season. Is there any problem with that?

#2 2016-10-17 13:22:08

Black Adder
League Administrator

Re: NHN ROSTER

Players playing for a clan need to be its members, which, under normal circumstances, should mean you can be only in 1 clan at any given time (you simply cannot be a member of multiple clans at once, it doesn't make any sense, it's as if you were playing for Barca and Real at the same time). However, players at Voobly abusing smurfing have problems with this concept, regularly having smurfs in multiple clans, which is where such problems arise.

Furthermore, players are bound to play under their Main Nickname (as defined in the Rules), that means a nickname they are known under. You cannot create a random smurf, or even use some random old nick of yours, and play on that. You need to play on your currently main one. It's both to let everyone properly know who you are, and also to display the correct rating. And it strengthens the position that you need to be a member of the clan you play for.

In some rare situations we allow a player to play for a clan that he was a long-term member of, or founding member, or has some other similarly strong reason to play for it, mainly when his current home clan is not participating, but that really isn't much common.

It's simply not about, "I play for this clan this season" - you don't get to choose which clan you want to play for in RTS League, you only get to choose which clan you are a member of. You need to play for a clan you are a true member of.

Lacasitos isn't the only player with this problem in your clan, so you need to figure out where such players stand towards your clan.

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#3 2016-10-17 13:42:44

Forever
AoR Clan Operator NHN

I know there are some members with this problem, althought of those who play RTS League in my team i think Lacasitos  is the only one. If i understand well, MbL and Spaden should not play with RFR as they dont play with their team. In fact, Spaden is 16xx/17xx in his RFR profile and doesnt play with it. MbL more the same... I wrote this because roboboro tell me Darem´s participation (Lacasitos) was not allowed and could give us bann. I want to know if this is true and if i have to do something or there wont be any bann for us. Also we wont play RFR if they have the same problem with no consequences.

Last edited by Forever (2016-10-17 13:44:56)

#4 2016-10-19 17:30:13

Forever
AoR Clan Operator NHN

So?

#5 2016-10-19 22:41:21

Black Adder
League Administrator

MbL and Spaden are good examples to demonstrate the situation, hope this will clear things up: they are allowed to play for RFR because that's their original clan they are and were members of before NaBs got created as a team (not a clan) for WiC (iirc), and they started playing in RTS League with RFR as well - since NaBs are not participating (and never have), and function more as a team for special high-level tournaments than anything else, they are good candidates for an exception, as, as I've said before, they have a very good reason to play for RFR.

Your clan, on the other hand, is brand new, and when you have your members actively playing on their nicks in other real clans, it clearly makes for a question where does their loyalty lie, and if they are true members of your clan, or if they have a solid enough reason to play for you. Plus there's the fact that ByT, their other clan, is also signed up and playing, which is a different situation from the one described above - if they're ByT, why not play for them?

We're just trying to maintain the "clan spirit" of RTS League, making sure it's the truest clan competition the community has, and not a tournament of randomly generated teams like the other common community events.

As for the nicks, MbL and Spaden are playing within definition of both our rule about Main Nicks and also common sense, as they play under a nick that doesn't hide their identity, and everyone knows who they are (just like demonstrated here by you knowing who they are), and that's the whole point - we're not looking to pester anyone about technicalities, we're trying to make sure that you know who is playing against you and are not smurfed, but it has to go both ways smile

To continue with the relevant explanation, MbL's nick Be1TE was used by him well before the introduction of our rule about Main Nicks, and since it's common knowledge who it is, plus he has MbL in the related names on Voobly, there's not any doubt who it is. However, we're looking not to introduce any new such ambiguities, and so we'd like the newly arriving clans to really make sure they play on the main nicks, and since nicks of some of the players on your roster are wildly different from their other active nicks, like Darem playing under Lacasitos, we'd like to help clans identify who the players are - even though he has his main nick also in the related names on Voobly, in his case it doesn't really help to pinpoint the true active main nick for checking up - he's simply not that widely known/famous if you know what I mean, and that means that it would be hard for your opponents to recognise who it is. That goes for most of the players participating here, and especially for the new clans.

--------------------

So what is this all about? We'd like to make sure the players on your roster are truly your clan's members and not just random joiners for the season, and that they have a reason to play for your clan. I understand that your clan is new and things might be a bit unclear for you as well, that's normal, so we're not intent on banning or kicking anybody out or anything, but we'd like to clear the situation up, as you can see it can create some confusion, which is exactly what we're trying to prevent by our fair play measures. It could also help you as the clan leader to see what players you have in your clan.

We'd also like your players to adhere to the Main Nick rule and play (and be included on the RTS League Player-List) under their main nicks, to help everyone identify them and your clan as cool to play with smile

Btw about the other players, for example _Destroy3r_ (which is quite clearly not his main active nick) is also actively in ByT under a wildly different nickname (well it's thematically connected :d).

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#6 2016-10-20 00:06:31

Forever
AoR Clan Operator NHN

I have updated our roster. Also i made changes to the team. All we have main accounts except:
NHN Lacasitos. He has not a currently active account. He uses this and ByT Darem depending on tournaments.
Destroyer. His main account is ByT Crom, but he wanted to play RTS League with his friends of NHN.
Not sure if  srynoplayispect,     [NHN]Volkan_  and    [NHN]TheYakali are using their main accounts.
About me, im using a new main account. My old accounts are: AnotherGalaxy and WannaBeUp which are in the team as well.

Last edited by Forever (2016-10-20 00:11:53)

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 6 milliseconds.