rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2017-05-22 19:41:39

DoD_J4Jc3
AoT Clan Operator DoD
Website

Pausing for advantage

I just read this post on the DoD site regarding the DoD B vs SUD match:

Btw after checking rec of the Toundra match , they definitely cheated. When Heimdall and myself were raiding Sgt's gold villies , he was about to looses 4 atty civs , so he just paused to tell his mate to Shift Sand them into safety. Lmao. 100 % cheating

I haven't checked the stream, but if this is actually the case, they should get punished at least. This type of play should not get encouraged.

http://www.thedodclan.com/public/style_images/sigs/rtsl_sig_.png

#2 2017-05-23 18:12:38

Black Adder
League Administrator

Re: Pausing for advantage

Yeah I've noticed this and it's under review.

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#3 2017-05-30 02:04:02

Black Adder
League Administrator

Re: Pausing for advantage

We've reviewed the situation and the pause is indeed not in the spirit of fair play - this is a real-time strategy game, therefore pausing is meant only for a necessary interruption when the player needs to leave his gameplay, not to buy himself time to make extra game commands (potentially in cooperation with teammates) he wouldn't be able to perform under normal circumstances.

SUD_sGt_ is therefore Warned to refrain from such behaviour, as are all players participating in RTS League, and, quite frankly, in the community - this is not how the game is supposed to be played, again, it's a real-time strategy game, not a turn-based one.

Any player caught performing such "tactical pauses" from now on will be subject to penalties. In case you encounter an opponent attempting this, please do not purposefully unpause, rather try documenting the situation through a screenshot or a video if available and post a complaint - the reason is simple, if you mistakenly "identified" the situation as a "tactical pause" when it was a real pause, you wouldn't be acting any better than the supposed offender - let's not jump to conclusions and act responsibly.

As a result of the Warning, any further unsportsmanlike conduct by SUD_sGt_ may result into penalties as well.

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 5 milliseconds.