rts-league.org

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Do you want a new forum account? Send us an e-mail with your desired nick and we'll get it done! We recommend using a secondary, yet still actively used e-mail address - we're an old web and forum after all, so to be on the safe side just in case :-)
(If the link doesn't work for you, right-click on it and save the e-mail address for use in your e-mail client)

#1 2018-01-20 20:24:11

King_Marv

IIDA vs Klu

Hey,

following situtation.

At the beginning of our match we said that 2 of our players out of 4  have not a lot of time. Idefix need to leave even before game one. So we were only  3 left.
So we played our HM vs them and we won it, but it was quite a long game. Then they switched players so we needed to wait. We offered to play 2v2 in the second game because gman really needed to go but they didnt want so we waited more. Then we started the second game but gman had to leave so we decided to just resign and use it like a restart to not waste more time, also we were only like 20 seconds in the game.

They didnt want to play 2v2 then and they told us there is no restart, but in fact eycofcu used one vs us the week before aswell. I dont care if they used or not , should be just clear do we have one or not?
I dont mind losing this game because of calling a re but would be a shame. Also we need to replay the match vs BF too and there we were 12 min ingame when we went back because of lag.

Anyway Admin help is required smile

Last edited by King_Marv (2018-01-20 20:26:00)

#2 2018-01-22 05:21:27

Black Adder
League Administrator

Re: IIDA vs Klu

Hey,

All right, let's look at things - seeing the RTSL Ladder and the timings of the games, your third player left at about 20:05 GMT - since you scheduled for 19:00 GMT, that's just an hour for two games - that's not really a reasonable playing time looking how the match usually takes between an hour and two, so scheduling for such a tight margin doesn't seem very forward-thinking, and you didn't caution for any time issues in the thread, e.g. asking for timely arrival or similar. Considering you seemed to have started on time at 19:00 GMT based on the first game's stats, there doesn't seem to be any problem there, the game time is also fairly standard.

For the restarts - all you need to do is check the rules, which you should actually know even before playing any game (your clan also agrees to having read them when signing up), especially on such basic matters, it's standard to know the rules of a tournament you participate in. You're also not freshmen in the League, but even if you have some doubts, you can always look the rules up (or contact a staffer if he's online) right during the games and check if you're correct. No restarts unless a serious mapscrew like obstructed gold or sheep or similar.

If someone wants a restart on you without knowing the rules (or in any other case), you shouldn't just blindly follow if you're not sure, you can see where it can lead now - you're responsible for your clan knowing how to play in RTS League, so it's prudent to be cautious - the opposing clans might not necessarily mean you any harm, they might just be similarly confused as you are. So check the rules, learn the truth and caution them there are no vetoes or res unless a bad mapscrew (or whatever the issue at hand is) and proceed from there.

In this case, to be completely honest I'm not even sure what you were trying to achieve here with starting the second game when you knew G_Man will have to leave and ending it on a re as some kind of "save," as it just couldn't have helped you in any way, you would still end up leaving and not having played the game. Not seeing the reasoning behind it?

At any rate, for this match at hand - scheduling on such a tight margin is not great as you have learnt, it might've worked in the past, but it was just a question of time before it didn't - since you had every intention to finish the games otherwise and came online, probably thinking it's going to be fine, let's take this as a learning experience for you not to repeat - please don't schedule this way, or, which is maybe better, let your opponents know you have limited time right when scheduling here on the forums. Make sure you have at least 2 hours for a match, it can easily go there as you could've seen.

Sorry for this unfortunate experience kLu, though this so far does seem like just an unintentional misunderstanding and misjudgement on IIDA's side, so let's treat it this way, unless you have something to add?

If not, then please reschedule for the second game.

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#3 2018-01-22 08:18:02

el_Sancho
AoR Clan Operator kLu

When we were waiting for another kLu to change in the second game, they asked if we were playing 2vs2, but they never said our third player has to leave. We think it was because we were delaying to change, and that they offered it out of kindness.

During the second game they wrote RE. and they retired, they did not pause, and they did not ask to keep, that's wrong. If they had explained we could have saved the game and started it another day. And what happened we saw the map and there were no villagers trapped, sheep, or bugs in the resources, but if they had touched maya pocket and apparently they had not liked the positions.
When we were inside the game writing this, and when we left G_Man was still in the room waiting for the RE, when we began to question about that there was no RE for bad spots, it was when they said that he had to go and we played 2vs2, but we do not have the obligation to play 2vs2, as well as them neither 4vs4, and it was when akeno said if they want to win so take the admin win.

#4 2018-01-22 10:25:35

King_Marv

Well they confirmed the time for me via what's app but as I send the remember message on Saturday they told me they forgot it and have other plans. Which can Happen.
Nothing I can do about smile

According to the restart rules I was pretty sure we don't have but got confused by last week.
Anyway I don't want to get into a discussion or something. It's all our mistake, nothing klu is responsible for. For me is about them to decide if they want to reschedule for second game or not.

I'm not mad if they don't want but I don't see any advantage for them in getting aw or if we play it again and we win it, we don't get any advantage in the ladder aswell as we both won't make it to round 2.

smile

Last edited by King_Marv (2018-01-22 10:33:46)

#5 2018-01-23 03:20:04

Black Adder
League Administrator

Well kLu's side of the story corroborates that there's not any good sense and reason behind what you did IIDA - why not just simply tell kLu you're having time constraints as soon as you learn about that? Forgetting about a match is not really great as far as your clan goes, I know you personally cannot do much about that, but you should let the opponents know what is the situation, really. That's what's reasonable to do and respectable towards the other clan, it happens, and most people and clans are understanding towards that.

Re without pause when you already are pretty sure there is none is just... I don't know. Again, simply ask (during a pause). Happens and is done all the time. It really isn't clear to me what you were trying to achieve by the re that couldn't have been achieved by a save, or simply just not starting the game at all and rescheduling^^

At any rate, you both have another match still to play, so please concentrate on that this week since we are in the last round, but if you can find time to play this second game as well, would be great (we most probably will have an extra week the next one to finish any remaining games, so if you cannot do it this week, there should be time still).

[nex]Black__Adder (@BlackAdderPlays)

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." – Peter O'Toole
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know." - The Outer Limits

Follow RTSL on Facebook

#6 2018-01-23 14:32:53

King_Marv

we told them in the game room. Wasnt possible earlier i mean i could have told 20 min earlier but that wouldnt have changed anything.

Thats why idefix left 19.15 gmt before the game started. I dont know what gman got that evening. We were asking to play 2v2 but they didnt want. I mean it is like it is.

sorry to all klu players again for that happening.

#7 2018-01-23 21:53:39

el_Sancho
AoR Clan Operator kLu

well we´ll  play in that week adder say,  C U then

Board footer

©Copyright 2007-2024 by RTS-League.com Hosting provided by Maximumdirect.net This page generated in 5 milliseconds.